Children with developmental challenges are taken through intensive therapy sessions over a few terms to build fundamental skills needed to ensure success at academic work, social interaction and in basic activities of daily living.
Children are dropped off at the center from 9am to 2pm each day like they would do if they were enrolled in regular school.
After building on fundamental skills, student is successfully transitioned into mainstream school.
- Special Education (Transition school)
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Behavior therapy
- Physical therapy
- Caregiver/ Teacher Training
- Assisted living/Nanny Care
- School assessments
- Sensory room design
- Environmental assessments
SPEECH THERAPY (CHILDREN)
Is your child facing challenges with speech and language development? Speech therapists at SPT center are equipped with skills needed to help child address speech and communication deficits.
Speech Therapy works on:
- Developmental challenges with speech and language
- Speech Fluency
- Expressive and receptive language
- Communication and Social Skills
- Literacy and vocabulary
- Articulation / intelligibility
- Augmentative and alternate communication
- Feeding and oral motor skills
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY (CHILDREN)
The Occupational therapy practitioners use play in administering therapy for our amazing children. We ensure children who patronize our services succeed with essential daily activities; like playing, communicating, socializing, getting dressed, brushing their teeth, handwriting and in academic work.
We are experts in:
- Fine motor and handwriting skills
- Developmental Delays
- Self-Care (grooming, dressing, bathing, toileting)
- Behavioral Problems
- Academic skills
- Sensory processing disorder
- Balance, coordination, strength and endurance
- Play and social skills
- Cognitive skills (attention, memory, visual perception, visual motor integration etc.)
- Assistive Device and Technology and many more
PHYSICAL THERAPY (CHILDREN)
Physical therapists at SPT Center are experts in:
- Improving muscular strength and joint range of motion
- Building gross motor skills such as walking, crawling, climbing, jumping, running, swinging etc.
- Enhancing balance, posture and coordination
- Educating children on safety awareness when playing with peers and play equipment
- Injuries from child sporting activities
- Myofascial Release
- Postural Control and Positioning
The Professional Development team at SPT Center offer training to regular and special education teachers on working with children with disabilities , developmental delays and learning difficulties to help facilitate an inclusive school environment. Upon completion of course, certificates are awarded to successful candidates.
Our eight week training includes:
- Developmental milestones from childhood to adolescence.
- Etiology of disabilities and certain health conditions like Autism and Cerebral Palsy that can affect a child’s ability to engage in play and school work.
- Identification of children with unique needs in classrooms and referring to appropriate therapist for assessment and intervention
- Completing an IEP for a student in collaboration with other teachers, parents and therapists involved
- Understanding specialized interventions to be carried out on a child with a challenge.
- Behavioral modifications and management
- Simple sensory integration techniques
ASSISTED LIVING/ NANNY CARE
Basic assisted living and nanny care services provided to our clients (children/adults) include:
- 24-hour staff support through our call and alarm system
- Three meals each day
- Diaper change
- Assistance with bathing and dressing
- housekeeping and linen change each week
- Washing and drying of personal laundry
- Scheduled activities several times per week
- Health assessment and monitoring by a registered nurse
- Doctor appointments inquiries and confirmation
- Medication administration and management
- Total nursing care
- Engaging children in play and other academic activities
All clients (children and adults) under our assisted living and nanny care program are taken through an assessment and a care plan is completed by team and registered nurse to assist in the provision of specific daily needs.
Schedule An Assessment Now!
Phone & E-mail
Phone: +233 59 955 4727
69 Adjiringanor road, Shamo Kwei Avenue
J207 Avenue South LN GD-233-0309
Mon – Fri
9:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m.
9:30 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.
Occupational Therapy Association of Ghana
Ghana Physiotherapy Association
Audiology and Speech Hearing Association of Ghana. Allied Health Professions Council